CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How homemade laundry detergent ruined my marriage

When I started blogging I met some amazing women. I am fortunate to have a diverse online friend base.  I met my sister from another mother.
I met lots of homeschooling mothers.
I met women who inspire me, make me laugh, and make me think.
Because of them (I got to blame somebody) I am hooked on Pinterest.

Also, because of one of them, I started making homemade laundry detergent.
I LOVE making it. Everytime I make it I feel empowered. I feel domestic. I feel like goddess.  I feel................I feel I need to get out more.  LOL
It truly does save alot of money.

My (soon to be ex) husband was not thrilled.  He liked name brand EVERYTHING.  He started by pointing out the the box of Borax said to add 1 cup per load and I was using 1 cup per 5 gallons. And it doesn't suds when  you put it in the machine.

Ok, thank you for the information. I read the box, I know what says. Can we get on with life?

Apparently we could not.

He fussed about the lack of suds, he fussed about the lack of smell, he fussed about the directions of the box.

EVERY TIME I MADE IT.!!!

So I did what any loving wife would do, I bought him the store brand.  But he never stopped fussing about the homemade stuff. I mean, come on, me and girls liked it and he didn't have to use it. But he fussed anyway.  And over time I resented it. Every time I bought the store brand I wanted to hit him with it.  Yes I am very level headed. 

Needless to say, it was not just the laundry detergent but it had to start somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment