CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 25, 2013

Day Book

Outside my window it is an overcast, cold, breezy day.  Makes me want to go back home, put on my pjs and read all day.

I am thinking about making something different for Thanksgiving but I don't think the family will let me. We already have mexican for Christmas, which they love, but Thanksgiving has remained very traditional.  Terry will fry the turkey (we are brining it this year, yes we are rebels, lol).  There will be stuffing, green bean casserole and some sort of pie.  Now don't get me wrong, they LOVE the thanksgiving meal. I always think it is just so predictable, but maybe that's why they like it so much.

I am thankful for the noise and chaos that is our family.  We are loud, messy, funny, and oftern disorganized, but we have lots of love and that is what's important.

In the kitchen is a VERY clean refridgerator.  Terry even used to drill to remove all the rails and we clean all shelfs, bins, glass, rails.........everything.  I even put non adhesive shelf liner on the shelves.  Hopefully, I will only have to wash the liner in the future. 

I am wearing my usual.  Black pants, grey turtleneck, black heels.  I DO own colors. Black, white and gray are colors.  LOL

I am wondering if this will be the first year we do not all sit down together to eat.  With the 3 girls all getting engaged recently, there are more places to visit on holidays.  One daughter is even working, grandbabies going here and there.........oh well, we will all see each other at some point and for that I am very thankful. As a result of our rapidly expanding family, this year we drew names for Christmas. We have never done that before. The kids were.........kids.........and we just bought everyone something. Now we have the 2 granddaughters who are old enough this year to really get into presents, plus a new 3 year old grandson, plus 3 future son in laws and it's just ALOT.  The kids all loved the idea.  We all agreed we could get the babies anything no matter what name you got. 

I am reading the latest Sword of Truth book by Terry Goodkind.  I finished the last book in the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn and the last book in the Lincoln Rhyme series by Jeffrey Deaver.  I felt lost for a few days.  With Vince Flynn passing away, there won't be anymore books about Mitch Rapp so I need to start some of the books I have been putting off.

I am hoping that it warms up "just a tad" later this week.  I have a 4 day weekend, hubby is off also YAY!!, and I need to do a few things outside in the yard.  But if it stay in the 40's, the bushes will just have to stay untrimmed  LOL

I am looking forward to the next symphony in December. I finally bought a dress for the ocassion. And it's blue!!

I am learning to adjust to fewer people in the house.  While cleaning out the fridge this weekend, I realize I am still cooking like there are 6 people eating every night, which is not the case.  Nor are the people who are eating growing teenagers.  Gone are the days of cooking for 10-12 just to feed 4 teenagers.  Not sure if I am happy about this.

Around the house Terry and I are thinking of redoing the bathrooms.  The front (and guest) bathroom has been the same yelllow color for YEARS and I am sick of it.  Plus, when your husband is general manager of a granite company, you MUST have granite counter tops!!!  On the plus side, we don't pay for labor and get materials at very discounted prices. 

One of my favorite things about this time of year is the lights. Last year we didn't decorate but we are this year.  Lots of lights, and a tree, and I am going to use the christmas dishes.  Why wait?  I don't want to look back one day and regret not doing it.

The rest of my week is pretty standard. Working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.  Thursday is thanksgiving. But after that???  Not sure what the weekend holds.

Alesia

find more wonderful bloggers and share your own day at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment