CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 11, 2011

Day book 11/11/11

Outside my window it is dark.  It was a rather cool, 65 for the high, overcast day.

I am thinking about all the baking I have coming up. My WMU makes pies for the Inmate Work Release center for Thanksgiving each year. I want to make 2 pecan and 2 pumpkin.  We are also having a church-wide Thanksgiving dinner and I want to make my Sour Cream Pear cake. I hate only making dessert so I may make something else to. Plus pies for family.

I am thankful for my Sunbeam stand mixer, even though I crave a Kitchenaid.

In the kitchen tonight I marinated chicken breast and put them under broiler. (We wanted to grill but were out of propane.) Turnip greens, creamed corn and cooked baby carrots.

I am wearing my flannel sleep pants, white tshirt and pink and purple socks.

I am creating a list of recipes to give to my oldest daughter and daughter-in-law. 

I am going to the symphony tomorrow night. Beethoven and Blue Jeans. 

I am wondering what I can do to get more women interested in our church's WMU.

I am still reading "Girl with the dragon tattoo."

I am hoping to get quite a bit done on my research paper for school this weekend. I wanted to compare/contrast GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) with IFRS (international financial reporting standards) but not sure I have enough material to do a 10-20 page paper. We will see.

I am looking forward to the Community Thanksgiving choir performance at our church. Our church's choir, along with 3 others in the community, get together each year and perform together.  I love getting together with all those women each year.

I am hearing my darling husband in the shower.  He thinks I am crazy when I say I love the way he smells.  After work, after a shower, especially in the morning, still under the covers - that sleepy musky smell. (He needs to hurry, I wanna snuggle).

Around the house......Clean sheets on the bed, clean blanket over our comforter because we have dogs. One of which has slept with us since she was little.  She doesn't understand that she is ALOT bigger now and I need room.  She is enjoying the clean blanket right now. I also did two loads of laundry while I cooked dinner.

One of my favorite things is coffee.  I wanted to make some tonight. I can drink a pot and go right to sleep but yet I can function in the morning without it.  I didn't make any but I have flavored creamer for in the morning.

A few plans this weekend include grocery shopping and homework.  We also have to go to the YMCA 8 times before the end of November.  My firm will pay for a family membership IF I go at least 8 times a month.  Got it all set up a few days ago so I need to get going.

Here is a picture I want to share


I love lighthouses. I would LOVE to live in one.

Share your own daybook

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment